Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"The Rains Came Down and The Floods Came Up...."

There was a skateboard hiding in all this water that I ran over!


The water leaking through our complex brick wall

My drive home on Indian Hills -  this road took the brunt of the storm!

Bluff Street was a huge fast moving obstacle course! had to dodge all the big rocks!
The wash completely full behind my sister's house - usually you can't see across it because of the trees


Church clothes + Water and mud = a happy boy!  He loved playing in it while I bailed out the backyard!  
 When it rains, it pours lately! or maybe it's because everyone in Green Valley/Santa Clara paid their tithing this particular Sunday???  I was on call and had to nearly float home! At one point my wipers couldn't keep up and I seriously prayed nobody was abruptly stopping in front of me!! Some people in our ward that live right above us found their brand new car floating in their garage, and the firemen had to cut holes in their brick wall to let the water run out from around the homes, which ran on down our direction.  My next door neighbor had their living room carpet ruined, I was very surprised to find ours totally dry, but our backyard water logged and pooling!  Had we not walled and backfilled our backyard recently, the neighbors below would've had a huge pile of mud in theirs!  The kids had a ball playing out in the rain and riding thier bikes through the deep puddles.

No comments: