Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Another School year....

Here we go with another school year...

Braxton started last week and is in 3rd grade, he wasn't too sure about having a male teacher, but Mr. Roberts is awesome and Braxton really likes him.  Mr. Roberts told us at back to school night, he doesn't teach like a girl....that's probably just what Braxton needs, a little less lovey, and more to the grind!  Mr. Roberts is very 'techno' oriented and kids at this age love that! We also found out that I work with Mr. Roberts' mom and sisters, he married a girl from Beaver, and he also served a mission in Austrailia (so did Troy) and Braxton is totally consumed with Austrailia, so naturally he rocks in Braxton's book!


Tanner started Kindergarten today - I think he grew up over night! Troy and I both work in Hurricane today, so I drove back in to take him for his first day.  As we pull into the school this was our conversation:
T: " Mom, I can just go in by myself"
Me: " Oh no its your first day, I have to go in with you."
T: "Really Mom, I can just go in alone."
Me: "Really? do you remember where your classroom is?"
T: ( a bit irritated) Yes, Mrs. Doty's room, AND I'm going home with Morgan's mom!"
Me: sigh...OKAY!
He was almost on a dead run to the door, I had to walk pretty fast to keep up with him, and he as we got closer to the door, he let go of my hand...apparently it isn't cool to walk into Kindergarten holding your Mom's hand???  But he went right in, put his back pack away, sat down, posed for a picture or two, and forgot all about me! BITTERSWEET  I say!

I don't think that smile can get any bigger!

Thanks to Minda, Morgan's mom, and one of my co-workers, for volunteering to pick up Tanner on Monday and Tuesday - her days off, and let him play with Morgan until I get home from work. YOU ARE AWESOME! He will walk home with Braxton the rest of the week.







No comments: