Thursday, October 27, 2011

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY BRAXTON!!


present time!

Monkey in the middle...football style

Can you throw the football through the hoop?

Hmmmm...I wonder what he's wishing for?
This year Braxton wanted a football cake, so we went with the football theme, and had a fun party with about 9 of his friends from school at the 'spinning park'. Last week Troy saw the mom of a little girl who was Braxton's very best friend in Kindergarten at the InstaCare, and invited Haley to come to Braxton's party and we were so glad to see her.  Braxton asks about her a lot and has missed her.  Braxton also had his first missionary opportunity to invite a couple boys who are just starting to come to church and are in his primary class to his party, they were so excited to come and also brought their 9 year old sister.  We played some sports themed games had cake and ice cream and opened presents.   Boys...I tell you this 'boy' thing is all new to me since I grew up in an all-girl family.  Funny how a simple game of 'monkey in the middle' with a football turns into an all out game of dodge ball and somehow morphs into a game of tackle football!   I always imagine a nice calm party where mom is in control and the kids just flow from one game to the next....well I have a lot to learn and get used to from here on out! Really, the kids were great and they all had a fun time, a little rough...but that just goes without saying.  Braxton loved it and had an awesome day. I bought an Ipod classic off eBay and downloaded his playlist off my Ipods.  He has been using mine and an old Ipod of Troy's that the battery only lasted 30 sec and it had to be plugged in all the time, so he was way excited to get a new one. He also got a couple new footballs, some transformer things, and a cockroach looking thing that walks around (why would anyone make a toy to look like a roach??) I so can't believe he is 8! Where has the past 5 years gone? He grown up so fast the past couple years, and his such a great helper to me.

Braxton will be baptized the first Saturday of November, and unfortunately we've had some drama to deal with which has caused him more stress than excitement,  but now that it has settled down, he is getting very excited and has been preparing for his little interview with the Bishop.  I do have to add that I'm very proud of how Braxton handled and dealt with the "drama," he really is a sweet boy who just wants to make everyone happy, but most of all he realizes that this is HIS special day and he is getting old enough to think for himself and make some of HIS own choices.  It's high time someone else grew up a little bit too! just sayin...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAXTON...We love you!

1 comment:

Carol and Bruce said...

Such fun to catch up on what you are doing. Braxton looks so grown up and what a fun party and that cake is awesome! I know what you mean about the boy parties, they are surely different. Gotta love 'em though. Take care and have a fun Halloween.