Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Dad, who is that in our tub?"

I went back to work today and am completely exhausted beyond belief, so I came home a little early tonight and took advantage of our jetted tub to ease my tired aching body.  I thought it's been awhile since I used one of my most favorite chocolate facial mud masks and that it would help me relax even more.  I dolloped the chocolate on, turned on the jets,  threw in a bath bomb, closed my eyes, and sunk down into the hot water.  I may or may not have even dozed for just a few minutes, and thought I'd heard little feet pitter-patter on the tile floor a few times, but nobody was ever there.  Tanner and Camrie were in bed, and Troy was finishing watching the baseball game while rocking Kason to sleep. The rest of the story is from Troy: he says he came up to put Kason in bed and check on the other 2, but noticed that Tanner wasn't in his bed, so he walked into Camrie's room and she was gone too.  All of a sudden behind him, he hears Camrie's very serious and concerned voice ask, "Dad I don't think that is our mom in the tub asleep...." Tanner then says "Dad why does Mom have brown paint all over her face?"  I heard Troy bust up laughing and it took quite a bit of coaxing to get Camrie to come into the bathroom to see that it really was me sleeping in the tub with my face all painted brown.  The look on her's and Tanner's face was priceless! Troy says the best part was the look on Camrie's face when she first told him about the other momma in the tub, too bad we didn't have a picture of it!  Camrie kept asking me "is that you mom? why are you hiding and sleeping in the tub, I couldn't find you?" All the while, Troy is laughing hysterically and saying, "you've got to get out of the tub and blog this right now!"  So when I washed off the mask, Camrie happily exclaimed,  "our mom is back, our mom is back... where've you been hiding mom?"  Oh man, the things our kids do and say....next time I need a little escape time from kids, I'll just put on my mud mask, and be completely oblivious to them all!!

1 comment:

Munns Family said...

I love your kids. They are by far my favorite cousins ever.