This past Saturday, Troy promised to take Braxton riding bikes on a trail, so they headed up to behind the airport to the temple quarry trail. Here is a bit of history for ya...the early pioneers used their teams and wagons to transport the rocks from the quarry to the temple site for the building of the temple foundation. Now this trail isn't very wide, and when we hiked it a year or so ago, I was pretty amazed that the improved and widened trail that we were on was used by teams of horses, mind you there is a pretty significant drop-off along one side. Anyway, I was just glad that Braxton didn't ride his bike off the edge. However, just as they were almost to the truck, Braxton came down the last hill, screamed like a girl, and crashed. Troy heard the scream and stopped in time to witness the mishap. Troy says he got some pretty awesome pictures of the blood running down his face before cleaning him all up, but turns out the camera's memory card was in Troy's office...so no initial wreckage pics. Troy tried to doctor (or nurse rather) him up with steri strips, but the cut wouldn't stop bleeding. Off to the InstaCare we went. It really is nice to have the 'ins' that we have since Troy is a nurse and manager of the clinic. (Yes, we ALWAYS register and pay!) Troy numbed Braxton up and made him lay with his hands under his bum to hold still, and if you know Braxton, that was probably worse than getting the stitches themselves. Dr. Welsh was great and put in just 2 stitches, and Braxton was very brave, and faired well. After the InstaCare we rode back up to the scene, and even tho the hill wasn't all that bad, it is a little rocky, & I told Braxton I wasn't so sure I'd have made it down either. I have become a big chicken, unlike my younger days when I'd ride with no hands, and go blazing through a mud puddle or pile of gravel without a care in the world. Troy asked if Braxton would go again with him and he thought about it for a minute but said he would. I thought it was cute that night when Troy went in to check on the boys in bed, Braxton was pretty sleepy, but said 'Hey Troy, thanks for patching me up." I couldn't ask for a better husband and dad for our kids and especially such a great example for Braxton. Love you Troy! Here are some pictures:
Dr. Welsh
2 stitches was all it took
Tanner and his matching bandaid



No comments:
Post a Comment