Monday, June 18, 2012

Seattle

A couple weeks ago Tiffiny and I went to Seattle to attend a 2 day conference at the 'hub' for Philips to learn more about our newest ultrasound machine.  We've had this machine for about a year and still don't really love it, so our quest was to learn how we can make our images better, learn 3D applications better, and ultimately LOVE the machine.... We learned a lot that will help us in scanning and I'm really glad I went, however, I still don't love the Philips.  Anyway, doing a little sightseeing is what makes every trip worth it.  I love cloudy, rainy weather, but not all the time...I missed the sunshine and out of 3.5 days there it peeked through only a couple times for a couple minutes!
After class the last day, we went with a few other sonographers from the conference to the Space Needle, I haven't been there since I was 7.  We also toured the Chilhuly museum which was way cool! It's amazing to see what designs can be made with blown glass - so beautiful!  We walked down to the waterfront to the 'Crab Pot' for dinner, fish and chips is about as daring as I got in my seafood eating adventures, I did try some salmon and Alaskan King crab.  I'm a meat and potatoes girl for sure! If you order crab, they bring it out along with red potatoes and corn on the cob in a big silver bowl and dump it out in the middle of the table and you get a cutting board and rubber mallet to beat the crab meat out.  We all had our bibs on too. I'll have to post that pic later when I get it off my camera!
Me and Tiffiny at the Space Needle

View of downtown Seattle
Amazing blown glass





Tiff, me, Krista (Indiana), Shelley (Minnesota)






dinner is served....


We had a great time, but I was glad to get home to the warm sunshine and my family!  I loved walking off the plane to see Troy and my little cuties waiting with pictures they had colored of me flying home on a plane, I missed them all so much!

No comments: