Today at Camrie's appointment with the Ear Nose and Throat doctor, out of her cute little tiny left nostril came one of these....
YES...a FULL SIZED ALMOND! After at least 6 months of thick, green, runny boogers, and the last few months of breath that could knock you over, we took her in to see what was going on. I never really imagined that she would put something up her nose, and an almond at that, but again, she is 2. Almonds are not a staple at our house by any means, they give Troy giant cankers, and I can eat a few in trail mix, which leads me to think that's where it came from, but my trail mix cravings come & go in spurts and besides the stash I have right now, the last box I got from Costco I probably took camping in September! Besides the fact that kids do the craziest things, you'd think it would hurt or be uncomfortable to have something that size wedged in such a tiny space (unless she has her dad's sinuses...) but she never complained of anything.
Anyway, she was AMAZING! Troy said the tears just streamed down her cheeks but she held so still while the mystery foreign body was removed. When I asked her how the almond got in her nose she said, in her very Camrie sort of way, "I think it just jumped right in there mom!" Her nostril is about 2x the size of the right side for now, but hopefully since she has been on an antibiotic for the past 3 weeks, she won't have any post infection or problems.
When Braxton was about 5 he pulled pieces of the rubber mat that the outdoor playground equipment sits on and put them in both his and a friend's ears. Troy took his otoscope to the friend's house to make sure there wasn't anything in his ear, and luckily for Braxton everyone's ears were clear.
So.....
That leaves 2 more Webb children to surprise us with their creativeness....in placing things where they ought not to be...
Bring it on Tanner and Kason.....We're ready!!!




1 comment:
I can't believe this! I did have a friend who did the same thing with a peanut when she was little! I am so glad the mystery is solved!!!
Post a Comment