Monday, June 7, 2010

Way To Go Braxton!!

So I'm a week or so late in posting but better late than never.   Braxton's kindergarten graduation from Sunset Elem was May 19th, 2010.  All the kinder classes performed some cute songs together and then each class went back to their own rooms for presentations and treats.  Braxton got a cute certificate and some bubbles.  The last few days of school were fun, they got to eat lunch in the lunchroom so they would know what to expect for next year.  Each child was sent home with a small white board, dry-erase pen, eraser, timer, math book, and various pages to keep up their skills through out the summer.  Braxton was sick the last day of school and was sad to miss it, but Ms. Callahan called to check on him and had us come in the next day to get his report card and find out who his teacher will be for 1st grade.  We haven't officially heard back that we will be able to attend Sunset next year, but because they placed him in a class we are supposedly ok, the secretary was pretty sure we had nothing to worry about.  What a pain...we live like 50 yards from the boundary line (which happens to be Nick & Paige's back yard fence!) separating Sunset and Arrowhead so each year we have to fill out a boundary waiver and are not guarenteed a spot.  Troy and I were the room parents for Braxton's class, in charge of the parties, and going on field trips.  I loved being involved in the class and getting to know his teacher and his classmates.  One of  Braxton's little friends, Haley, will be going to Three Falls Elem. in Hurricane next year and he is bummed.  They also played together at Country Kids daycare after school.  Braxton did very well in school and seems to really like math.  I am amazed at some of the things he was taught in kindergarten, I'm pretty sure I didn't learn a lot of those things until 1st grade!

1st day of school.  Aug '09


Halloween party

So, Troy....I'm pretty sure the KIDS are supposed to be blindfolded!




Kindergarten end of year program

Ms. Callahan

Graduation certificate and bubbles

BF - Haley Chesley