Yes, you all guessed it...if you haven't heard all already....we are adding one more to our family. It was kind of a sort of a talked about surprise, if that makes any sense. We had thought about it, but wasn't really sure, so we just decided to see what happens and it happend REALLY fast!
Baby is due around Feb. 23, but as always we plan for a month ahead. So for some crazy reason I'm thinking I may want this one to be a suprise! Am I crazy? Can I really do it?? Troy doesn't think so and thinks I'm crazy, I don't think he can make it without knowing!! I've done my share of peeking and checking on
baby, but haven't even tried to look & at 16 weeks the gender should be more than obvious. With my other kids, by now we would have known for a few weeks.
I gave all my
boy clothes away up to about 18 months because as soon as we found out Camrie was a
girl, I knew I was done. So, me being the very prepared and organized type of person I'm not sure I can bring a
boy home to pink clothes!! So we will see what the next few weeks bring and what happens at my 'official' ultrasound. For about a week, it looked like there were 2 sacs, Troy & I were both a complete mess! He was ready to call my mom and tell her we were moving to Beaver!! Luckily it was just a small bleed, that has taken care of itself. (Whew!)
We decided to tell my family about a month ago at our annual Smith family campout up Beaver mountain. My mom had scheduled family pictures first thing when we all go up there, so Troy and I pulled the photographer aside while nobody was around and asked him to yell before one of the pictures "everybody say Camrie's going to be a big sister!" and then to take the picture so we can get everyone's reaction. He didn't do it quite the way we asked and so it took a few times of saying it for everyone to catch on, but they are all excited. My dad told my mom while walking back to our trailers that we was so excited because he was afraid that Camrie was going to be the last of the grandkids, and had been hoping for another one.I will post our family pictures when I can get my hands on them!!
The rest of our campout was fun despite the drizzling rain. Since the first week of August is usually when we camp and that is Troy's birthday, & Tanner's is the 16th we celebrate their birthdays up there. We had a fun construction party for Tanner building graham cracker houses, playing fun construction relays, presents, and an easy cake...crumble up a choc cake, mix with choc pudding and dumped in the back of a dump truck! We were so glad that Nick, Paige, & Josh were able to come up and spend one night with our family. We wanted everyone to be there for our announcement and they are certainly considered part of the Smith family. My oldest sister hadn't met Josh yet and she couldn't get enough of him!
 |
| cooking breakast for the picky eaters in mom's trailer |
 |
| Tanner's first canoe ride |
 |
| Brave Aunt Valerie Brinley, Braxton & Haley |
 |
| Taking g.pa's paddleboat for a spin. |
 |
| Tanner's party. Graham cracker house construction |
 |
| Claudia (Caroline's nanny) hanging out with Josh |
 |
| Present time |
 |
| Braxton Fishing |
Troy's birthday was the highlight of my week!! But I will add that to the next post!!
1 comment:
What a fun trip you had! Love the descriptions of everything. Happy Bday Troy, I know you had a blast and want to hear more of the trip. Mom WAS pretty exhausted ;) Good stories!
Post a Comment