Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Time Celebrations....July 2013

There really is no place like home ( Beaver, that is) for parades and summer festivities.  We've stayed in St. George a few times for the 4th of July, but it's just to plain hot to even be enjoyed! I've faked it those few times, for the sake of my kids, but a grumpy, hot mom, is not a fun mom! The fireworks on the 4th are amazing, and I do love those, so if we do go out of town, we are usually back to see them.
With that being said, here are some pictures of the 4th and 24th in Beaver...

The 4th was just me and the kids, Troy stayed home to work so he could have the 24th off... Tanner and Camrie decided to ride their bike and scooter in the parade for the first time and we did a last minute decorating job.  I couldn't even keep up with them walking down the side walk to meet them at the end of the parade, they flew down main street like they were in the bike races and I didn't even get a picture of them! We played all the games on the park, ate lunch at Grandma's, and made it to St. George as the fireworks began.  The kids were out cold, so Troy met me in the parking lot to watch the fireworks and the kids slept through them.  Braxton stayed in Beaver for the rest of the week.

We can never just walk past a bounce house....

The kids aced the Tic Tac Toe game!

Shopping at Mike's is always a favorite with their kid sized carts!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 As a kid, the 24th of July parade was the 'big one' and there were always so many people in town, with horse races, bike races, rodeos, dances, and plays going on that whole week.  I still look forward to going up to spend the day and visit with old friends on the park and letting my kids have a little taste of my childhood.... 

Class reunions are always held around the 24th since everyone 'comes home' for the holiday, and usually they ride in the parade.  Seems like yesterday I was dancing in the parade with the drill team, this year I was among the "alumini" throwing candy to all the kids.  I was suprised at how many adults run out for candy just like little kids...


It was great to see some of my classmates that left before our senior year and have them ride with us


I don't even know exactly how long my dad has been the "voice of Beaver" and surrounding areas for the parades, rodeos, horse races, etc.....but ever since I can remember he has been there for every event, missing only one 4th of July while we vacationed in North Carolina, and the 24th a few years ago when he and mom were the Grand Marshalls and we made sure others did his job so he could enjoy the day.  I decided I better have a few pictures of dad and the black truck. 
 
The kids had a ball swimming


Camrie, Tanner, and Cash on the run for candy!

My very best friends from High School - Christi, Debbie, and Rance
Back Row: Sterling Bradshaw, Clint Albrecht, Jason Brown, Toby Beaumont, Matt Knudson, Clifton Farnsworth, Mike Smith.
Middle Row: Paul Foster, Nate Robinson, Nate Harri, Mark Hugh, Matt Wilden, Jesse Nowers, Jeff Thomas, Royce Williams, Rance Hutchings
Front Row: Christi Lowe Kelsey, Kerrie Erwig Howell, Alison Yardley Webb, Debbie Stoker Gates, Andrea Smith Webb, Kim Marchant Issacson, Heather Anderton Harper
 We had a great turn out for our reunion and stayed so late visiting and catching up, and it was midnight before we got to St. George.  It's too bad the ones that live in town are the ones that never come We always have so much fun when we get together and laugh at the crazy things we did.


another picture of dad and Carson


No comments: