Sunday, April 29, 2012

Zion - April 24, 2012

While Troy was teaching CPR to some of the Zion National Park shuttle bus drivers at their hub in the park, the kids and I took advantage of the time to do a little sight seeing of our own. I have been to Springdale a few times, but I haven't spent much time in Zion, in fact I can count on one hand how many times I've actually been inside the park.  To be honest, I was probably 10 the last time I was there with June, our Japanese summer exchange student and don't really remember being all that impressed with it all.  I guess I just compare it to Bryce Canyon, where I literally spent 5 summers there with my college besties that are from Tropic.  No comparison in my book!!
Anyway....I was told by a few women that I was a great, ambitious mom, for loading my 4 young children, stroller, and overloaded diaper bag on and off the shuttle bus to trek around Zion! It was so fun and the kids were so good!  We loved being so close to the deer and watching them graze, and of course we were among a crowd snapping pictures of the deer like crazy when Camrie yelled quite loudly..."don't you like to shoot those mom?" That was our cue to move along!
Weeping Rock was fun, and Camrie loved getting 'rained' on.  We saw turkeys, lizards, deer, and billions of fuzzy green caterpillars everywhere which freaked Braxton out.  We met back up with Troy and tried to catch 'Treasure of the Gods' but  was too late.  It's been almost 17 years since I saw it last!
We had yummy food at the Bumbleberry Inn restraunt and headed home.  So I will say that I can't wait to go back and hike again...preferably sans children - but Zion really is breath taking!

Weeping Rock 

Camrie getting 'rained on'


No comments: