Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh Snelly.....


Snelly showing his great balancing skills while mom is getting a new house ready

Snelly, is our little snail pet who was found on a brick wall while Kason and I were on a Sunday walk 2 weeks ago.  I thought the kids might like to see it and really had no intention of keeping it, but it landed in a mason jar with rocks, a straw to climb on, a wet cotton ball and a chunk of banana (we googled snails and learned they like fruit!) and a name, so now we HAD to keep it! Snelly has really been fascinating to watch.  He likes to poke his head out of the air holes and extend his little antenna eyes out and take a look around sorta like a periscope.  He's paid a visit to the Butterfly and Bumblebee classes with Tanner and Camrie and is amazingly still alive.  He gets a new fruit every week and is due for a house cleaning.  I think he is a pretty invincible little guy.....

No comments: