Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm feeling a bit broken....

For about a month, I've had a really sore thumb joint that hurt to bend, I just figured since I am getting old the pain was probably a little arthritis, and tried to ignore it.  Well,  I've whined a little, tried holding pens differently, and the other day finally took advantage of where I work and had it x-rayed. Turns out, I have a fractured Rt. thumb....how? you might ask??? that is a very good question! I can't think of anything specific that I've hit really hard or smashed it with.  The break isn't something that is really pin-able so my alternatives include: splint it, or try to perfect my left handed writing and ultrasound skills and suck it up.  So....I am sporting this classy hot pink  thumb splint for a few weeks, (the nurse of the house says 6-8 weeks...) hoping it will help it along.  My writing looks like I'm back in 7th grade, and so far my ultrasound scans aren't too bad, except babies are harder to chase without a thumb I've discovered.  Hopefully it will heal and feel better quick!

At least the coban matches my nails!


2 comments:

samfongs said...

WOW! That is daaang HOT! Looks like the person that put it on had some mad skills.

The Webb Family said...

Seriously Staci, I think you're right! thanks for fixing me up, and good choice with the color!