Thursday, October 24, 2013

September 2013

First and foremost....WE FINALLY HAVE NEW FAMILY PICTURES!!!!  they all turned out so cute. This is the only one on my phone, so I will have to add more later!


Sept 6th was my parents 50th wedding anniversary.  We met in the middle for dinner at Sizzler in Cedar for a great dinner and fun night together telling stories and just plain being together.


Kason playing 'I Spy' with his ckicken nugget rings


Couldn't have asked for better parents! Love you both!


Troy and the kids being wild


Mine and Troy's 6th Anniversary was Sept 9, and just like last year, we spent it with our kids up on the hill at our timeshare.  We all had so much fun! We swam, played games, went hiking out to Leeds, watched movies and loved every minute being together....totally uninterrupted!
We decided to extend our weekend one more night, and splurged a bit and got stayed Sunday night in of the penthouses.  The patio hot tub was a major perk for the kids! The next morning we took the kids to school and daycare, and went to Breakfast at Tifiny's for some delicious Creme Brulee french toast.

We went to the DSU football game on IHC Coporate night.  They had a big tailgate party for all employees with prizes, and a few rides, bounce houses, and climbing wall for the kids.  Troy also won a $50.00 gift card.  The black clouds rolled in and lightening show was pretty awesome and very close, so they called the game before the lightening got any closer and the rains came down.   Fun while it lasted. 

The end of September, I was able to go back to Milwaukee, WI for some Ultrasound training on our GE machines.  It was a fun trip and I learned a lot.  As I boarded the plane to fly out of Vegas I realized I'd lost my ID, so I am frantically texting Troy, and I hear my name and all my info from my DL being read by the flight attendent overhead.  I seriously did the happy dance in my seat when she brought it to me! When we landed in WI, I hear Chelsey, my co-worker who got off the plane before me, laughing so hard and yelling for me.  I walked up to see an airport worker waiting for me with my name on a tablet, and a wheelchair.  I thanked her, and told her I was fine and very capable of walking through the airport.  When we checked in to fly out of WI, I asked if there was any kind of flags on my ticket, the guy explained my boarding pass said I was hearing impaired! So that explained why when we checked in he, was asking Chelsey all the questions about me and where I was going and talking very slowly to me. We had a good laugh over it, but still not sure how that classified me for a wheelchair? There wasn't one waiting for me in Vegas when we landed,  but if there was, I was totally going to take advantage of it!

September brought on flag football for Braxton and Tanner.  Here is Braxton playing quarterback.  He was no doubt the best on his team this year.  He had some great passes, catches, touchdowns, and interceptions.

This was Tanner's first year playing and he was so excited and had a lot of fun.  He thought having to wear a mouth guard was pretty awesome.  The next play after I took this picture, Tanner totally lined up to run the opposite way behind his team and behind the ref, and just about missed the play.  Seriously so funny.

Braxton was awarded the Reading Excellance award for September from his teacher Mr. Griffiths.  Way to go Braxton!

I had to add this picture just to show how tall Braxton is compared to other 4th graders.  I know he's tall, but don't realize it, until he stands next to someone his own age.  He's gonna be a big kid! 

1 comment:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Great update!! What a beautiful family!