Monday, September 19, 2011

Fun in SLC Sept 9-10, 2011

I was able to attend an ultrasound conference a couple weeks ago with 2 other co-workers in SLC.  We rotate working in Maternal Fetal Medicine and they were so very nice to send us to this conference to learn more about imaging fetal hearts, with an emphasis on hypoplastic left heart syndrome.  It was really interesting and my favorite part was putting on the gloves and looking at the cadavar baby hearts - it's amazing at how tiny they are! Since the conference just happened to land on mine & Troy's 5th wedding anniversary, and we both had the weekend off, we decided to suprise the kids and take them to Lagoon the following day (aren't we so nice!!)  I went up on Thursday, & after the conference on Friday, Becca and Holly dropped me off at our hotel, they headed for home, and I enjoyed the peace and quiet before Troy and the kids arrived.  The Marshall's also drove up late that night and went to Lagoon with us.  Braxton had been bugging me to go to Lagoon since we were going to SLC, and I kept telling him that it's super expensive and we'd find other things to do...he was bummed but willing to go along with whatever we had planned.  I loved his face as we pulled into the parking lot at Lagoon!! 
Now, my family went to Lagoon alot, and I love me a good rollercoaster!  My favorite ride buddy was my dad, he made even the boring rides an absolute blast.  I want my kids to have the same experiences so, kids with weak tummys just plain aren't allowed!!  So what better way than to test out my kids spinning ability that to just put them on and see how they go...


We had so much fun and the kids were so good.  Tanner and Camrie weren't so willing to go on some of the bigger kid rides and Camrie wasn't even happy to go on the teeny tiny easy rides after a few of the first rides I made them go on!  I turned into one of those mom's who force their kids to ride on the rides and hold everyone else up as they are trying to coax their out of control screaming child to sit down....yeah, I got a few 'looks' and eyes rolled at, but c'mon Camrie, it's the little boats that have been there for years, that I rode on when I was her age...she reached up hysterically crying and slapped me, my instant reaction was to give her a good flick on the cheek, and walk away while cute little Josh just chilled in the boat behind Tanner and Camrie waiting to get going.  After that she was ok to just watch, and really it was ok with me.  I'm sure she's scarred for life!  We rode Wicked for the first time and it really was awesome.  I've always said that I could quit my job and be a professional rollercoaster tester. I love them! Anyone else game? The night ended (yes, we left around 9 pm...) and headed for Beaver.  Nick and Paige were plannin on staying in Logan that night, but had a quick change of plans after Nick discovered he'd lost their car keys on a ride.  We checked everywhere, even shut a ride down, but no keys.  They were rescued for the night by Mike and Summer and their extra keys were sent up on the St. George shuttle the next day.  We got to Beaver by 2 am barely awake and crashed at my parents.  A long, but fun, fun day!!

Holding an older child's heart and lungs

Infant heart and lungs
Tanner loving the boat - Camrie screaming her lungs out.  Guess we should've done this ride first.....

No comments: