We didn't have a lot planned since I was on call for the weekend and the holiday, but the way I split up the call with a co-worker, I had from 9am-10pm off. We took advantage of Braxton not being here (we do miss him while he is with his dad for 2 weeks) and being able to all fit in the truck, and ran up to Beaver to have lunch and take the trailer up on the mountain. I'm bummed that I don't have any pictures, I thought I'd left my camera in my car at home, turn out it was in my purse the whole dang time which was I never got out of the truck all day.
We spent some time at the park and let the kids play some games on the park, eat sno cones and cotton candy. Lunch was a yummy BBQ up to my parents, and I made a way cute flag fruit pizza with strawberries and blueberries. We ran over and got the trailer, and I was very proud of myself for being brave to back in and hook it up all by myself and then pulled it back up to my mom's house, but too chicken to pull it all the way up the mountain. We are excited to be up there and can't wait to go camp!
We stopped in Cedar for a very long-over-due visit with gpa Webb, the kids had fun eating popsicles and playing in the water. We got home just in time to park down by the Sunbowl, and watch the fireworks in the back of the truck. Camrie was so funny, she'd rub mine and Troy's arms and say "Fireworks make me happy, do fireworks make you happy Mom/Dad?" Tanner is seems to be so sensitive to loud noises, and again, didn't love the fireworks, but tolerated them if I held my hands over his ears, and kept him talking about the different shapes and colors of the fireworks, and Kason slept in his car seat through the whole thing. I was lucky to make it through the fireworks without being called in, but as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot, my pager went off, so we just headed over to the ER. I was also lucky to just have one patient, since I was in shorts and flip flops, and the kids and Troy hung out while I was super fast, I was also lucky that Troy's badge worked in the ER since mine was home in my car! We all got home about 11:30 and just let the kids fall asleep on the floor in the living room, it wasn't worth the fight to keep them in their beds at that time of night! A long day, but fun nonetheless!!! I am thankful to live in this great country with the freedoms that we enjoy everyday!!



No comments:
Post a Comment