Monday, May 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMRIE!!



Camrie officially turned 2 on Friday, May 20...I say 'officially' because it seems like the terrible two's began about 9 months ago! I can't believe where the time has gone, it seems like I just had her!  Since I had to work a 12 hour shift and it was Father & Son's, we opted to party on Saturday instead of Friday.  Camrie has been so excited for her birthday and has gone around for the past week saying, "it's almost my happy birthday!"  and has sang happy birthday to herself at least once a day.  Friday morning, we all went in to wake Camrie up singing Happy Birthday with a cereal bar 'all-a-flame', and she surprised us in that she had taken her jammies off in the night! At school she got to wear her happy birthday crown and got bubbles from her teachers Ms. Jessica, Ms. Melanie, and Ms. Lisa, she also took little cupcakes to share with her friends (sorry Paige, that Josh came home with blue frosting in his hair!!) What a difference a year makes, last year Camrie wouldn't keep her little birthday crown on for anything, and this year, it has caused tears to take it off  long enough to get her dressed! Friday night,  Camrie & Kason went home with Paige and Josh until I got home from work, Paige asked what they should have for dinner since it was Camrie's b.day and Camrie promptly yelled PIZZA! Thanks to the Marshall's for watching them for us.
Saturday, we crossed our fingers that we could have one day this week without rain and wind so we could have Camrie's party up to RedCliffs, and also that it wouldn't be too crowded for all of us to find parking spaces.  It all worked out and we had a fun time with all our family.  The kids had fun playing in the water and being prepared, I took a few towels just in case! (of course, Braxton went home half naked! and Cash went home totally naked!) We had a pinata, cake and ice cream, and opened fun presents.  Almost every present Camrie opened she had to take over, show Gpa Webb and tell him all about it.  I was excited to give her my little doll cradle that my mom made and gave me for Christmas when I was 7. She tole painted Strawberry Shortcake and strawberries on it, and made a little blanket and pillow out of strawberry material, funny that Strawberry Shortcake is back in style now!
Camrie is deffinatly the 'princess in charge' at our house, and she knows it too, but I can't imagine her being any other way! She is so much fun and so smart - she began talking so early, and is still quite petite, that people can't believe how old she is.  Her funniest thing to say lately is "what the heck?" with her hands on her hips.  Happy birthday Camrie we love you!!

This weekend was also our ward's father and son's outing, they went somewhere out by Gunlock and were lucky to only have a few sprinkles of rain.  The boys had a great time playing, fishing, and hanging out with dad.  Tanner loved throwing rocks into the river, and showed off his throwing arm, by nailing the bishop's son, in the head with a rock (on accident of course). 

I wish I had pictures,  but it will be an exciting week of getting 2 new things....our truck back (with a new side & paint job)  after being rear-ended by a Jimmy John's delivery truck a couple weeks ago in the parking lot of a personal injury attorney (how ironic is that?)  And a new garage door - I came home from work the other night and tried to close it, and it kept coming back up, so I made sure nothing was in the way of the sensor and tried again this time it made a loud noise and one side fell off the track! I screamed and yelled for Troy praying that it wouldn't totally fall off on the car (we didn't need 2 vehicles in the shop!) We finally got it back on the track and down and had it looked at and fixed with a temporary bandaid the next day. It's functional for now, but I cringe & hold my breath every time it goes up or down.
Fathers and Son's

sporting her Happy Birthday crown

Singing Happy Birthday


Wow, look at that face!

Fun cake I made using edible sugar sheets


Some of the party crowd

Camrie going after the pinata

Make A Wish!!

Uncle Mark helping Camrie eat, he is the best!

doll crocheted by Gma Webb

Princess mirror from Aunt Valerie's family

Showing Gpa Webb her new little puppy and it's house

doll cradle made by Gma Smith

Kason and Gpa Webb

the kids playing in the water

The Marshall's

Crazy cousins
Camrie & Josh.  Thanks to the Marshall's for letting Camrie hang out until mom got home from work on her birthday



No comments: