Friday, April 17, 2009

"Couch-Rest"

This past Wednesday I went to my 32 week OB appt, and after having another Fetal Fibronectin test and being checked, and told I was dialated to 3-4 cm. I was promptly sent over the to OB floor to be monitored and start steriod shots to help baby's lungs a bit. I even had a few contractions and the nurses were suprised that I didn't feel them, but I explained that's the problem, after 2 preterm deliveries I have NEVER felt a contraction yet, I just dialate! So I stayed for about 3 hours and everything was fine. My OB dr came to check me this time (his CFNP checked me before at the office.) And said I was only a 2. So they discharged me to my couch for a week, and we will go from there. Hopefully we can keep her in until at least 35 wks & I will be happier, my boys both came at exactly 36 wks. It's only been 3 days, but some long 3 days! How do women do it for months?? A big shout out to everyone at work who has been willing rearrange shifts and cover my call this weekend, thanks you're the best! :)

1 comment:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am glad to see that you are actually resting and blogging! I know you will be going crazy by being on bed rest, but I would literally love it! I am such a lazy person that it would be a dream come true!

Hope you are feeling well and keep her in for a few more weeks!